Friday, July 20, 2018

Hella Fresh

It's been almost two months since Bumblestook was painted so it was time to finally get some protection for her paint. Detailing is a very contentious topic I find for serious car owners. I certainly want a clean car but there's a point of diminishing returns especially on a car that actually gets driven so I was looking for a detailer that offered good value for my money. I knew a few friends that had already taken their cars to PeeJ Auto Detailing with good success so I went to give him a try.

Up on a quickjack for closer inspection
Doesn't really matter who paints your car, there will always be swirls as part of the process. Sadly this is true even for new cars. Bumblestook was no exception  and when put under the scrutiny of proper lighting you could definitely see it.

Swirls when you look really close

I left the car with PJ for the week and the results were amazing. The car was washed, claybared, compounded and polished. Then two coats of Optimum Gloss Coat ceramic coating were applied and once left to dry topped off with Optimum Opti-Seal Sealant as an extra short term barrier. Even the Mugen MF10s were coated in ceramic coating to  help protect from brake dust. I'm not even going to pretend I'm some kind of car care expert but the tldr version is that she looks immaculate now.

Final product - 7-20-2018
Final product - 7-20-2018
Super clean wheels - 7-20-2018
The interior and engine bay were also cleaned. I don't think Bumblestook's been this clean in at least five years.

Clean engine bay - 7-20-2018

Freshy fresh interior - 7-20-2018
The ceramic coating is incredible. Hit a giant bug on the way back to the garage and took little to no effort to simply wipe it off the bumper. I think I'll have to do this to all my cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment