Sunday, April 13, 2014

2014 Livery and fixing the overfenders

Just because there are no events this weekend, it's no excuse to just sit around and do nothing. Rad and I had discussed washing our cars today if the weather was good and sure enough we got lucky and it was the first real warm weekend in 2014 despite a forecast for showers earlier in the week. I towed Bumblestook to Tatis Racing home base to get some stuff done!

First order of business was to fix the rubbing on the over fenders. Looking back at some GoPro video I took facing the rear wheel, I could see that I only had two choices...get wider over fenders or cut what I had. The latter is cheaper and something I can do with limited time so I set off with a dremel and hacked off a good 0.5-0.75" off the the bottom. So far it looks like it should be fine but I'll only know for sure next weekend. Last weekend I also managed to cross thread one of the bolts holding the overfenders on when I reinstalled it so I had to cut that bolt of too.

Cutting over fenders for clearance - 4/12/2014
Cutting over fenders for clearance - 4/12/2014
Always that one bolt to make your life miserable - 4/12/2014
Next up was to clean her up so I could put on some new decals that I had Kamil from Clean Cuts Vinyl make. I think it's also been well over a year since she got even a simple car wash so it was time to give her some TLC, remove some cone marks and get some wax on there so she can look pretty when she wins.

Most of last year's decals off and Rad helping me vacuum the interior - 4/12/2014
Too lazy to unload her from the trailer so I'll just wash it there - 4/12/2014
New livery and contingency decals going on - 4/12/2014
Tramp stamp(s) - 4/12/2014
Representing my NorthEast STR roots - 4/12/2014
Farting unicorns unite!
Her name's up front too this year! - 4/12/2014
Matching size class letters...still need the ProSolo decal
Battle ready for 2014! - 4/12/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment